
SO! Since my last post I have gone down to Florida for three days to visit my boyfriend. He's there for three months to work at Disney World for an internship with school. It sucks so much to have him be so far away.
But while I was down there we really just hung out like we would if he were back in town. It was nice just to be near him and to wake up beside him in the mornings. We ended up not being able to go to any of the Disney parks since he hasn't gotten his free tickets yet and it'd be a waste to spend that much money when we can go in January when I go for four days so we went to Daytona Beach for the day and went fishing on the pier. It was so much fun! I'd never been fishing in anything besides a lake or pond before so even though we didn't catch anything it was cool to see the people around us catching stuff and to just enjoy each other's company.
We both have this coming Tuesday off work so I think we are going to meet in the middle and spend the day in Savannah. I almost moved there a few months ago so it'll be fun to visit and explore the city! I think we're just planning on visiting the historic downtown area and being tourists that day. Hah! Should be fun though!
The holidays are officially over with really only New Year's to get past. And as I've got to work ALL day on New Year's Eve I don't really consider it much of a holiday at all anymore. Boo. I got to see my father, mother and grandmother all that day which is no easy feat for me so it was nice to be able to see them.
I'm still working on Traveling with Pomegranates... its so hard to find time to read more than a chapter a day with work the way it is. But it is turning out to be a great book. It really reminds me of myself and my mother.
I hope this finds you all well.
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment