
Yesterday, I worked in the morning but for the first time in two months our General Manager made the schedule for this week and I don't have to work doubles every day of the week! I'm actually only scheduled one! Yesterday brought a beautiful afternoon so the boyfriend and I went out and bought some Prosecco and put up my curtains on the porch and laid out to enjoy the nice breeze and each others company.
I currently live in an older house that has this amazing front porch where someone has previously put up rods and clips to hang curtains on. So my grandmother made me some curtains and I hung one of them yesterday to get a feel for what it would look like once summer was really here. And it's awesome! I can't wait! It'll create a much needed shade this summer so we can sit out there and drink and relax.
After the sun went down a little, we got ready and had dinner with his grandparents. I have never in my life loved one of my boyfriend's families as much as I am so totally in love with his. His grandparents are by far two of the most amazing people I have ever met and there's never a dull second when we dine with them. We drank a Pinot Noir that was excellent and had twice baked potatoes and tenderloin for dinner. I'm sure it wasn't on my summer diet but you can't always eat boring. Or at least, I can't. Speaking of which, it's time for me to go find something to eat before I have work this evening.
Just a side note: We did try a Carménère yesterday as well. It's a Chilean wine and I did NOT like it. It is the only wine that I've had so far that I can say actually tasted of green bell peppers. Like they had been soaking in it. Blech! I definitely won't be trying it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment