Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holy heck it's been over a year....

Wow, so I had a computer virus that made it impossible to get on google or anything connected to it like this site. I didn't realize it took me this long to get my butt in action and get rid of the virus though. Whoops!

So much has happened! Justin and I got engaged and are now living in Cincinnati, Ohio! Which has been SUCH a change for me. Winter is coming which is slightly scary. It's been in the 60s lately in Charlotte while here it's been as low as 19 but usually in the 20-30s. Shoot me. Seriously.

So, we're getting married! We got engaged the day after our birthday on June 23rd. On March 3rd, 2012, I marry my best friend! I feel incredibly blessed every single day of my life... even living in Ohio... which is saying something. Wedding planning is going great. I have almost everything done and planned with just a few stray things left to do. But we're getting married in Charlotte at St. Mary's Chapel and then having the reception at the Duke Mansion. Justin's grandparents have been so amazing helping us book places since we aren't actually in town. I'm thrilled to be able to have Justin, Meg, Tiffany and Shel stand beside me as I say "I do" to Justin. After the wedding, we are taking a cruise to Mexico which is going to be amazing after a long winter up here in Ohio. I'm already looking forward to warmer air and clear waters.

I've also started nursing school and am about to finish up my first term. So far, I have a 4.0 and I'm hoping to keep that through finals. It's amazing how much better I'm doing in classes than in previous schools. I feel like I've finally found my niche and something I love and am passionate about. It's still about two years until I graduate but I'm ready for this!

So in ten days, Justin, Abby and I will head back down to NC for the holidays and I'm so thrilled to be able to see everyone! I've missed my friends and family so much. I am such a home-body and miss being able to see Tiffany at least once a month and my mom at least once a week. Since I've moved here in April, I'm lucky that I've been able to see them both twice.

Will post more later.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment